Thursday, February 17, 2011

Conversations with my Ma…# 1

Ma and Me
Along with my ongoing series about “Parenting” and things I learnt from my parents, starting today I am going ahead with a series on things I do not like about my parents… :) .

Now I am perfect is an accepted fact. But then there are certain things I do not like to do. Please note the catchphrase here is “do not like to do” and not “that I cannot do” (hello am perfect and I can do everything). So one of those things which I do not like to do is cleaning my room. Ma on the other hand (and so was Baba), loves everything perfect. It’s like even at 4 am she wants the home to look like some guest will enter any minute. Nevertheless its a regular fight between us. So one day, I come home and Ma is livid at me. Here is a sample of the conversation we had :

Me : Are you upset? (I know she is cause her face is stern and she is not talking to me)

Ma: Yes

Me: Why?

Ma: Am I your maidservant? And that too an unpaid one?

Me: Is that a question which demands an answer from me? (somehow I know whatever I say, it will land me in trouble)

Ma: (Completely ignoring my question) Do you know, I work the entire day to keep this home spic and span and how long does it take for you to dirty everything? Go to your room and see. Everyday I clean this house and you come back and in 10 minutes you manage to make the entire home look like a shit-hole (Read: entire room is just my bedroom where no one ever enters and God knows how it would matter if it is in a mess)

Me : OK…so you cleaned it up. So why you angry?


Ma: Well I thought I potty-trained you when you were two. I was not aware that even at this age I had to go clean the shit my daughter makes. Hence I am angry…


END OF CONVERSATION…

4 comments:

  1. lolol Do your parents read this blog.. if so your a brave women..really funny
    Started folowing
    http://jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com/2011/02/tutorial-lighting-bride-groom-portrait.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jim..But have forbidden ma to enter my blog...I am scared for my own life :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hillarious!! I am in love with ur mom now!! she is damn cute...
    Moms r lyk that...ever complaining but ever loving..
    I used to help my mom in both cleaning and cooking even then she managed to find some or the other shortcomings in me..but i love her for that...she has given me life...she has made me whatever I am today..
    Luv my mom....Mom's Rock!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well nandini then i can say i have no complaints against my mom....i don't help her one bit and she complaints non-stop about it :).....

    ReplyDelete