Monday, February 21, 2011

The story of the cheating spouse….

Nemesis and the broken heart
A few days back I was having a chat with a very close friend of mine about love and betrayal. She was telling me about a close friend of hers who was recently going through a messy break-up with her husband cheating on her with her best friend. She was telling me about how her friend is going through a major crisis and low self-esteem cause of this, and how was she repeatedly asking herself, “where did i go wrong?”. What made matters worse was the in-laws going around and telling everyone that the fault lay with the girl, as she could not hold her husband back (I always wonder about these statements made, but that is a story for another day).



Hearing the entire story, I somehow was left complete confused. Here is the way I saw the problem :
The girl had a husband who turned out to be a cheater and a piece of work and who never loved her
The girl had in-laws who turned out to be the worst kind of in-laws any girl can ask for.


She lost them


The guy had a wife who loved him, dearly enough to cry even now, knowing what a piece of work he is.


He lost her


So, can someone explain how the girl was the loser? As far as I see, she came out of the clutches of some of the worst people, she could ever be with and a life with a husband who did not love her, and the husband came out losing the woman who loved him to death. As far as I see isn’t it the man who is the loser and should be asking himself “why me?”, and not the other way round.


And, as far as the friend was concerned, I see it this way, she loves her friend a lot and so took away all her pain for herself, since now she has to live with this piece of shit….and trust me, if a man cheats once, he will cheat again, and imagine living with such a person for the rest of your life.


Correct me, if am wrong, but can there be any greater nemesis than this?


(PS: My theory would have been the same had it been a wife cheating on the husband)

10 comments:

  1. I agree with you and she will to after a while. The heart needs distance to really see what is right or wrong. Thank you for sharing
    http://jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jim for the comment. Yes the heart needs to see this and that's why I wrote this, cause I wanted her to get up and see that she is not the loser but those two are

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks..not sure what your name is so will address you as sailor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can address me as Sailor. And thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are welcome. you have nice photographs there

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well obviously u r ryt Priya when u believe that the husband is the looser...such people have big egos and will never get happiness in love and life...Such people can never love anyone..they just need sex..But the fact is how long will a person go after lust?Eventually everyone needs someone who loves them truly...are there for them always ...listens to them..cares for them...lives for their happiness...never lets them feel alone in this big bad world. Then they will realise what they have lost but then it would be too late...
    As fr as what the wife sud do I have discussed it in my posts here:http://ilovemysaalizindagi.blogspot.com/2011/02/its-only-human-to-cheat.html and http://ilovemysaalizindagi.blogspot.com/2011/02/wao-what-philosophy.html
    Everyone has the ryt to love and be loved...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well nandini I agree....wish the women or men who go through this pain understand this too

    ReplyDelete