Saturday, February 19, 2011

Conversations with my Ma…# 3

Ma and Me
This is my third post on my ongoing series of conversations with my mom…



Now I have this firm belief that parents should always praise their kids, in front of outsiders, even if its blatant lies. Now Ma has no such intentions as for her honesty comes above all. Fine enough but she takes this love of telling people about me to another level altogether. Tell her anything under the sun and Ma can relate it back to me and how useless I am at home. Its like an “Association game”. Say anything and Ma can start her complaints about me :) . You don’t believe. Sample these….


Conversation 1 :


Guest : You have a lovely home


Ma : Thank You


Guest : It must be quite a effort you put in to keep it so lovely


Ma : Of course, wish my daughter also appreciated the effort and helped me in keeping the home clean. But she takes exactly 10 minutes to dirty everything, after she is back from office.


Me : Ma??????????????


Ma : What? Am I lying????


END OF CONVERSATION




Conversation 2 :


Guest : How do you spend your days here in Bangalore, now that you have shifted from Calcutta?


Ma : Oh I read,I write, I have friends whom I meet from time to time, I go out and then managing this home also takes a lot of my time


Guest : I can see that. Your house is so clean. It must be a major task keeping it so spic and span and must keep you quite busy.


Ma : Thank you so much. And yes it is. And my daughter ensures that I have no free time all day, lest I get bored. You see I will clean everything and she will take exactly 10 minutes to dirty everything ensuring I have to repeat the entire task again. Thanks to her I can never ever feel bored


Me : Ma??????????????


Ma : What? I am praising you and saying how you are always so thoughtful


END OF CONVERSATION




Conversation 3 :


Guest : Hey tell me something, I just saw all the lovely brass items and the crystals. How long does it take 
to clean them?


Ma : Oh I spend at least an hour and a half cleaning them daily and then I polish them weekly too. Takes quite a bit of time. Of Course it takes my lovely daughter less than 10 minutes to dirty them again


Me : Ma??????????????


Ma : What? Nowadays it takes you lesser time is it?


END OF CONVERSATION

My home

PS : This is a picture of a part of my home. Between You and me, I do know the efforts taken to keep it this lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment